Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

November 24, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm grateful for... you :)

And the wonderful week I had.

We found two new investigators! One is a referral that we received months ago who didn't seem interested at first, but then we prayed with him, and then he admitted he actually was. He's been reading the Book of Mormon. In the lightest sense of the word, he's investigating.

The other comes from a pretty neat story. So several weeks ago Sister Magleby and I met with the guy in charge of keeping the church records up to date. We just wanted to better coordinate our handwritten notes with what he knew. One of the things we found was that a less active our notes said had moved, had not actually. There must have been some miscommunication. Well, one night at planning, we decided to just put him down to visit the next day. Next day comes, it's been a good, productive morning. It's 15 minutes before we scheduled lunch, it takes 5 to get home, both Sister Davidson and I have to use the bathroom, we really could just go home and start lunch early. But we have this one last family on our list. So we decide to just quickly stop by. Almost an hour later, we have a new investigator (his wife), we were able to answer a lot of the questions he's had for years, and we still have to use the bathroom. Thinking back on it, I was like "where was the prompting?!" These people were so ready. She has defended the church before, he's been thinking about coming back to church, and that morning they had had a religious discussion. And then we came knocking. So where was the prompting? The only one I could think of was the little one that said "maybe you shouldn't give up early, because you did have one more thing planned for this hour." But I guess that's how this thing works most of the time. You just go about doing the best you can, doing the things you know you're supposed to do, and God makes up the rest. I'm just glad I didn't let my bladder defeat my guilty conscious.

We were able to meet with a lot of investigators this week. That was fun :)

We got to help the Mousely Museum set up for Christmas. I thought they would give us some instruction. Instead we showed up, there were some bins of decorations, and they said have at it. So once we got the situation under control, it was pretty fun. I was pretty proud of the little Christmas tree display I arranged on top of a phonograph.

ADD once again defeated our weekly planning.

We had zone conference! It was really good; all about conversion. An important topic for not only those we are teaching, but for ourselves. I also got to give my departing testimony. I can remember watching Sister Pharis get up and bare hers. It seemed like I would never get to that point. And then there was the whole, "what in the world will I say?" Well, turns out you just stand up, bare your testimony, and sit down. And that was that.

The Palmers had an early family Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday and invited us. I have a feeling my Thanksgiving dinner(s) this week will be a bit more elaborate than last's.

A lot more happened, as it does each week. But I think I'll keep it to that. As I was writing this my flight information came in. That was a trippy moment. I know my time is limited, but a part of me just feels like this goes on forever, that it doesn't end. And, in a way, it doesn't. Every member a missionary, right?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Love ya!
Sister Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment