Tuesday, November 11, 2014

I know you want another chicken story

November 10, 2014

Well, another transfer ended and I am now into my last transfer. We just found out transfer news, and Sister Magleby is leaving me. Sad. My new companion, if it is the person I think it is, will be going home at the same time as me. So we'll be whitewashing out. No pressure. I just feel bad for the ward. I also think that Elders will probably replace us, because the big rush of sisters is gone and now we are mostly receiving elders. I definitely served during a unique time.

The beginning of this week seemed really productive. Things just seemed to work out. Could I tell you now what happened? Not really.

Can you believe it's already November 10th? This month is flying by.

We had FHE with the D family! Reinforcing the basics. We also played Monopoly. It worked out perfect, because I was doing really well and then in two moves I was bankrupt and gone...right when it was time for us to leave. So I wasn't even upset.

I got to be a princess this week. The Activity Day girls performed their song as I played the piano. Their performance went way better than all their rehearsals, just as it should be. And I got a princess crown.

C got moved to an assisted living place. I'm telling you - those things are nice. And at 94 he's still doing great, with no walker, no cane, no nothing. He even remembered our appointment. We did have to explain that Joseph Smith was not Jesus Christ though. Minor detail.

I ate five enchiladas one night. I was given a big huge plate of four delicious enchiladas. And then I was handed another plate with just one enchilada. I could feel my belt getting tighter. Might I just add that the man of the house only ate three. Oh was I full.

I also ate sushi with millionaires. Things I never thought I would do in my life.

A new family almost came to church. But they woke up sick. Next week.

It was too bad for them because it was the Primary Program! They did a wonderful job. And the next door neighbors of the Fry family came, and their little 3 year old daughter went up on stage when her 3 year old friend sang, and then she didn't want to leave the stage and they almost gave her a speaking part but she wouldn't say anything, just breathed into the microphone, so when they tried to take her off she started screaming. So they were just like any other family in the ward. :) 

Last story: Saturday night Sister Magleby and I come home for dinner to find a chicken laying in the grass. It's laying all funky and we think it's dead. It was the prettiest chicken so I was pretty bummed. But then Roxy (the predator fiend) sniffs it and it moves. Of course the Palmers are gone, so we get permission to put the dogs to bed early, and then it's chicken time. Turns out it wasn't roughed up too bad. But it did get to spend dinner time in a box in our kitchen while we assessed the situation. It just so happened that I had planned on eating chicken shaped like dinosaurs that night, so then some funny if not slightly morbid photo ops occurred. The chicken is now safely back with the others.

So that's this week. Just gearing up for the holidays. Unfortunately, Sister Magleby is taking most of our holiday decorations with her. It just makes the transfer a little bit harder. She thinks I only love her because of her holiday decorations. (Not true).

Love ya!
Sister Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment