Tuesday, October 7, 2014

General Conference was awesome as always

October 6, 2014

Let me begin by saying that General Conference was awesome as always. For missionaries, General Conference is basically a holiday.

But I get ahead of myself.


The pumpkin patch was so fun! And we were total VIP status. The pumpkin patch is owned by Brother Palmer's brother, so we got to do everything free and get free pumpkins. So I have a little pumpkin I will carve on a Monday in the near future, as well as an adorable little pumpkin for our apartment named Doris. We completed a corn maze, and I determined that Kyla looks much cuter in those things you put your face into. I just look bald. 




I also got to be in a sea of goats! If you are my immediate family, you will know that I once fell in love with a goat, and since then it has been a family joke that I am obsessed with goats. I do like them very much. So now there is a picture of me in a sea of goats with the most goober-y happy face on.

Tuesday when we went back out after dinner we discovered a chicken had escaped her enclosure. The dogs were messing with her, so I tried to catch her. But she ran away into this other enclosure behind the chicken one. So I locked her in there to keep her safe and meant to tell the Palmers. Except I forgot. Luckily when we came home that night I remembered and went to check on her. There she was, huddled in the corner as close to the other chickens as she could get. A sight to break your heart. Despite chickens supposedly not being able to see in the dark, she definitely knew how to run away from me. But I got her.

And THEN on Wednesday when we came home for lunch, I discovered TWO chickens were out of the enclosure, and the dogs were eyeing them. So I chased them into the back enclosure, and then using my expert chicken catching skills I got them. One I caught in mid-flight as it tried to escape. I got a pretty sweet chicken scratch on my arm. I am becoming a chicken master.

On Thursday we got to drive down to Subway and order a sandwich for this older lady in our ward. She paid for our sandwiches too, and then we all ate Subway together and read the scriptures. Exciting times. And even though Subway gives me anxiety I handled myself rather well.

We had that girl from 4th Ward come out with us again Thursday night. She's the one who fainted last time. She was way more confident this time, and apparently she has decided she does want to serve a mission. Cool! Plus she didn't faint.

This weekend was really hot. Mid-July hot. I did not appreciate it.


And then General Conference. You can tell people are catching on to watching it at home or on the internet, because the only people at the Stake Center were the missionaries, and a sweet old lady. It was rather exciting to see Elder Klebingat, as he was my Mission President in Kiev. You bet I told the missionaries around me who he was. Fun fact: Elder Klebingat is WAY into exercising and being healthy, and at my one zone conference with him he told us to become really good at repenting, and really good at forgiving. All points made in his talk :)

Well, I think that is about it for this week. October marches on with its goodness :D

Love you!
Sister Tanner




No comments:

Post a Comment