September 22, 2014
Remember last week how I said I'm sure there was
something funny or interesting I forgot? There was. I forgot to write about the
time we went to contact a referral, and as we were walking up to a kid, he
must of thought we didn't see him because he hid in the trunk of his car. Turns
out he was the younger brother of the referral - I'm guessing about 16 - and he
didn't have a shirt on which is probably why he hid. If I was a 16 year old
shirtless kid I would probably hide from two 20 something year old girls too.
Oh yeah - and remember how last week I wrote about
getting stood up at the door? Turns out it wasn't on purpose. They felt really
bad about it and talked to some members, and we might be setting up a Bible
study with them soon. Good stuff.
In other news, apparently none of our investigators could
meet this week.
In other, other news, it was still a really good week.
It began to feel like Fall. It's starting to look like
Fall, smell like Fall, have fall-like weather. I'm excited. I am so ready for
the holidays. Is it bad I'm excited for Christmas? And NO, it's not because
I'll be home. It's just because I love the Christmas season. I love the music,
the lights, the smells, the Christmas Spirit :) And it's coming up :D
But first October must come. But hey! October is going to
be awesome! Because guess what:
First, I get to watch a special preview
of "Meet the Mormons" and then help a school of blind children
on a field trip in Oak Glen (okay that's in September).
Then Te'a's baptisms! (Also in September).
Then the General Women's Broadcast! (also September -
right after the baptism).
Then the Palmers taking us to their family's pumpkin
patch! (I think...still September).
Then General Conference!!!! (Into October now)
Then my birthday!
Then a mission conference with Elder Evans!
Then C's baptism!
Then Sister Magleby's birthday!
Then Halloween!
And then we're into November.
Things are looking good :)
Going back to this week, we got to wander Oak Glen a bit
looking for a Less Active young man whose address we don't have. Only a
relative location. However, it's a great excuse to talk to these people in
these awesome houses I've always wanted to explore up in Oak Glen. We met a man
who was all saw dusty because he was sanding down pieces of wood.
Apparently he goes into the river and collects pieces of wood that he then
makes into little seats and sells them. He showed us all these ones he has
made. They looked pretty cool.
I also got to go to a ward activity on Saturday. It was a
big tri-tip BBQ. I had never heard of tri-tip until I came to Yucaipa. People
here talk about it all the time it seems. Anyway, we invited a bunch of people,
but no one we invited came. Bummer. But it was still really good tri-tip, and
we did get to talk to some friends of members. It was held at the community
pool though, so it felt pretty strange to be there.
I did some missionary work this week. It was pretty
sweet.
Well, I think that's it for this week.
Oh yeah! I hit my 15 month mark this week. Sister Magleby
made me awesome "Happy 15" pancakes in honor of it. I feel like I
celebrate everything with food as a missionary. It's crazy to think it's been
15 months. I guess I can't say I'm new anymore.
So NOW, that's it for this week. Maybe. I'll end it
anyway.
Love ya!
Sister Tanner
Uploaded some pics.
The kids are some children that didn't want us to leave their home after we had
dinner with them. They are adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment