Friday, September 19, 2014

Baptism

September 15, 2014

I'll just start with the big news: momma and papa D are baptized. And confirmed. And papa D received the priesthood.



Oh the joy.

To make a long story short, Friday night Sister Magleby realized that some very important elements to make the baptism service run well were missing. Thus began a frantic, headache inducing mad dash to the finish line. Thanks to some very tender mercies of the Lord, by the time the D family walked in to the building, everything was in place, and we were calmly sitting in the font room watching the font fill. And the service went beautifully.


I got to see Sister Webb and Sister McConkie! They both made it and it was glorious. They were both bawling the entire time, and I don't know if it was because of the stress of setting it up, or because I'm just known as "the stoic one" but I didn't shed a tear. I did almost start when the mom bore her testimony. But other than that I was all smiles.


 In other news this week I got to clean the china cabinet of a part-member family in the ward. Never thought cleaning a cabinet could be so much fun. The little girls came home from school while we were cleaning, and were so excited to see us. They sang Frozen songs to us. Definitely need to see that movie when I come home - I've heard so much about it. They also told us the reasons why they love us coming over. They included "You're beautiful, and you make my heart feel good." Well if that just doesn't warm your heart. I believe another reason included "We don't have to do our homework." An important one.


I went on an exchange to Beaumont. Everything falling through + not really knowing what's going on = long day in Beaumont. I did have a baby sucking on my skirt at one point. And I got to eat a massive meal made by two adorable grandparents while sitting in a plush chair. All while discussing why it is we have to die. Good times.

Other stuff happened too I'm sure. In fact, I'm sure that an hour after logging off something will hit me and I'll be like "Man! I wish I had written about that." For example, here's a funny story from last week:

We decided to stop by the home of some former investigators. We pull up and the husband is outside in his garage. We walk up, introduce ourselves, and he goes "yes - you're probably looking for my wife and daughters. They're just there inside the door. In fact, let me go tell them you're here." So we walk up to the front doors and wait a little. We ring the doorbell. We knock. We wait. 6 minutes later we just decide that we got duped. Even better, their front door is basically two large one way mirrors, so they were probably watching us the entire time. Conclusion: not interested.

I think that shall conclude today's letter. I'll throw in some pictures and call it good.
Hope all is well. :)
Sister Tanner



No comments:

Post a Comment