Friday, June 28, 2013

First Day at the MTC

 
June 19, 2013
hand written letter
         
Dear Mom and Dad,
 
               I’m here! I’m just finishing up my first day. Everything is a bit overwhelming, but everyone is so nice. I think I will adjust rather quickly.
               I entered the classroom right away, and immediately the teacher was speaking Russian to me. Someday I’ll know what he’s saying.
               My companion is Sister Finlayson. She is from New Hampshire and goes to Harvard. She’s really nice. My district has 6 sisters and 6 elders. All 6 sisters are in one room. It’s a bit crowded, but they’re all really nice and “go with the flow” kind of people. Only Sister Finlayson and I are going to Donetsk. The others to Kiev.
               All is well here. I have a lot to learn, but it will come. It’s great to look around and see all these nametags. And I have one!
               I have to go to sleep now, but know that I am doing great, and I love you!
                              Love, Sister (Diana) Tanner
 
P.S. I’ve already run into several people I know

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment